[Om2008.9] launching GPRS by hand

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Oct 1 13:37:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

The Wiki page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPRS describes how to make
GPRS working by hand in Om2007.2 and most of the stuff for chat-scripts
and PPP options seems to be correct (compared with what I was using with
my cellphone connected via V.24 to my laptop);

in 2007.2 there was a gsmd daemon controlling the serial port
/dev/ttySAC0 which seems now to be Qtopia's 'qpe', but I don't see any method to
stop and start this via scripts in /etc/init.d; how is this supposed to
work now?

if I kill the 'qpe' by hand a window pops up and is asking to restart
it with F1 or exit with F3; I killed it too and was able to talk with PPPD
chat-scripts to the modem and have already LCP layer of PPPD up; there
is still an issue with the CHAP phase to solve, but I'm getting closer;

will update later also the Wiki... but first I want to have all in the
places; ok, what is todo with 'qpe'?

thx

	matthias
--