[debian] Sephora 0.1 - Suggestions needed

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:03:41 CEST 2008

I know.... It is very complicated to fit it to stay in a little screen
(or may be I use a big font). I was thinking to the poor person that
will localize it in German.

I every case I will release for this evening (I hope) a 2.0 pre
alpha.... where I improved a lot the GPS section (now it show the
current time, the position, and some other little things)

I will fix also this bug (really, I was not thinking that someone will
use this gui :)

I am adding also some command line switch to set:

a) Language: current supported en, it, ro
b) Preload mode: following a discussion of yesterday I read that some
person think that python can do slow gui... I am new to python so I
want to make sephora a bit optimized. I restructured the code be used
in preload mode o not preload.

In preload mode the starting of the program is more slow, but then the
switch between the section is very fast. Without preload without is
the contrary.
I would like to know if what do you think about it, and if according
you is possible an ibrid solution.

I will keep you informed
Michele Renda