New Rasterman Image...

Ori Pessach opessach at
Thu Oct 2 04:32:34 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:18 PM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
<mail at>wrote:

> In the enlightenment archives there's a new Rasterman image:
>  - openmoko-illume-image-glibc-ipk--20080929-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2 [1]
> It looks so cool with the new illume theme [2] [3] [4] [5] [6], but
> practically it has no telephony related software installed in since it
> seems a simple OE built with these scripts [7], so (I figure) that
> you're free to put in both the FSO and/or the Om2008.8 stack, just
> install the needed packages!
> Bye.
> [1]
> [2],533.0/topicseen.html
> [3]
> [4]
> [5]
> [6]
> [7]
I have a question about the "predictive" keyboard shown in one of those
movies - what on earth is the justification for providing the following
predictions - User input is on the left, prediction is on the left:

w - a
wo - so
wor - wot
worl - work
world - ? (I'm not sure what was the prediction, but at this point it's
moot... It was probably wrong, anyway.)

The qtopia keyboards do the same braindead thing. They're perfectly unusable
as a result. The handwriting recognition engine appears to be wired into the
same "prediction" engine, resulting in letters that were recognized
correctly to be randomly replaced with incorrect letters.

Is this a bug, or is that the intended behavior?

--Ori Pessach