New Rasterman Image...

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Thu Oct 2 06:19:50 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:11:21 +1000, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster at rasterman.com> wrote:

> for entering sms/email/"human stuff" its great. if the word is not in
your
> dict
> - it will be listed always at the top of the long-suggestions list (tap
> the
> top-left arrow). it will then be added to your dict. as you use words
> their
> "Frequency count" goes up and is stored. it learns what words you use a
> lot and
> tends to offer them as predicted corrections much more accurately once
you
> have
> been using it for a bit.

Can you offer the ability to weight the personal dictionary?  IE, either on
write or on read, scale the frequency by a configurable factor? Force any
entries there to come up first regardless of frequency?  And for that
matter, how does it handle the case where the built-in dict has no
frequency data, but the user dict does? (I presume this is the 'default'
situation)