New Rasterman Image...

Ian Stephen ian at tradeswest.ca
Thu Oct 2 11:12:44 CEST 2008

Quoting Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:32:34 -0600, "Ori Pessach" <opessach at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a question about the "predictive" keyboard shown in one of those
> > movies
<snip>

> > --Ori Pessach
>
> Intended, you just have to understand what it's doing.
>
> Unlike T9 and other predictive inputs that are familiar from cellphones,
> the keyboard predictive process looks at neighboring keys, 'predicting'
> that periodically you may hit the wrong one.  (if you're using your finger
> that's pretty likely, especially if they're as wide as mine)

At first look I thought this keyboard was useless.  Coming back to it later I
started to see how it worked, but still switched to a full dvorak layout with
stylus all the time.

Seeing this thread I took another look ... stylus ... finger...! Now I love it!
I can mash all over the keyboard with my fat fingers and it makes the right
words available almost every time!  No more squinting in poor light trying to
get exactly the right key with the stylus.  I think I'll be using this
predictive keyboard a lot more.

IanS