[2008.9] Wifi very unreliable

vale vales at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 15:19:30 CEST 2008

calm down,

its a fact, that freerunners wlan is far away from optimum.

try a wget shortly after doing ifup eth0 -> everything works
try wget some minutes later (no suspend/resume in between) from same server
-> no download, even if ping still works
ifdown eth0, ifup eth0 -> wget works again

same with opkg install, update, upgrade etc.

under 2007.2, 2008.08, debian ...

-> wlan drivers not working well

i think this should also be a high priority aspect to work on for Openmoko.