[2008.09][FSO] Programming interface to wifi Icon

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:38:36 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:20:23 -0400 Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us> babbled:
>

>> On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:39:08 +0100, Arigead <captain.deadly at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

> i'm baffled. that bar wt the top is always visible - it's not part of your app
> (and it only is invisible if your app goes fullsreen). note that the icon is
> entirely part of the theme and may vary based on whatever theme you use. the
> bar is part of the window manager and its contents are controlled by code
> running in the wm process (either core or loadable modules). there are no
> signals for pressing the icon published - it's internal and up to the gadget
> code for that icon (in e terms it's a gadget). as its tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny icon,
> pressing it is not that useful and so does nothing.

The illume-config menu is brought up from a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny spanner
Icon in the drop down menu. I don't see any difference but I'm not
forcing anybody to use a particular method. I would agree that there are
disadvantages to having the tiiiiiny icon used in this way especially if
you've got fat fingers. On the other hand given that you've got the
space for an icon there all the time why not use it to convey some
useful info. Given the size of the screen you can't really expect big
icons anyhow.

Anyhow I'm just messing with an idea at the moment which may turn out to
be a bad idea. It won't be my first but thanks a million for the
information anyhow and maybe at some point I'll get this working.