Debian installer internal error

Joachim Breitner nomeata at
Thu Oct 2 21:49:02 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 02.10.2008, 17:30 +0000 schrieb Matthias Camenzind:
> I tried four times to install debian on a 2GB SD. I installed once a working fine debian but I've broken the SD card. Now I get always this error:
> P: Configuring helper cdebootstrap-helper-apt
> E: Internal error: install
> Exists something i could do?

thanks for trying out Debian. I quote the FAQ from

During the "debian" stage of the install, what does "E: Internal error:
install" mean and how do I fix it?

      * One possible cause is a problem with the armel packages in
        Debian. Check /mnt/debian/var/log/bootstrap.log for dependency
        problems or the like.
      * If corrupt packages appear, then it might be related to the
        microSD card used in the installation, as explained in the
        discussion at the smartphones-standards. Other information are
        available in the upstream bug.
So please check the bootstrap.log, it might help you on.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |