[SPAM] Re: kernel for qt extended 4.4

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Fri Oct 3 07:59:39 CEST 2008

Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 03 Oct 2008 4:46:45 am Lorn Potter wrote:
>> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>>> hmmm ... I'm guessing that image isn't the official released one, too
>>> many bugs (old and new):
>>> - lots of kernel-warnings spit out during booting (using
>>> uImage-gta02-mwester-stable-d6f9fd270943fb22.bin from I believe the
>>> previous 4.3.x snapshot version). Or maybe this is a uimage issue?
>> yes, this has nothng to do with qtextended.
> I get plenty of errors with regard to splash plugin not found. Seems like
> there should have been a splash screen that is trying to be updated but then
> it does not exist. And yes, boot it still slow.

thats because I removed that, but some script is still trying to use it. It's harmless

>>> - timezone management isn't working (the files just aren't there
>>> in /usr/share/timezone). Also the time itself can't be changed.
>> hmmm...
>> indeed. sorry. I will update with a new image.
> I hope it will be possible to just upgrade from the current install i just
> spent a few hours setting up the moko, transferring contacts etc. (My previous
> motoming phone does not have an export all feature)

ok. I will put up a ipkg of the needed zoneinfo files.

>>> - echo problem is back
>> odd.
>>> - alarm keeps vibrating the phone, after pressing "snooze"
>>> - each received call arrives twice, causing the second call to show up
>>> as "missed"
>> also odd. I haven't seen this.
>>> The image is called 4.4.1, but my phone reports it as 4.4.2 ... I
>>> thought it was going to be 4.4.3?
>> Thats because its really a snapshot. which is just 4.4.1 + a few bug fixes.
> I do not use the FR as my primary phone yet so have not tested how well it
> manages calls.
> Ps: Lorn, In your blog post for today, you mention dynamic rotation. Does that
> mean it adjusts based on accelerometer reading? I could only find one
> application where i had to tap on the screen to make it rotate.

We have not done anything with motion sensors yet. So it is not automatic rotation on the Neo.

Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd