[debian] Evince works and is nice for ebooks

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:52:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:59 PM, <joakim at verona.se> wrote:

> Frederic Leroy <fredo at starox.org> writes:
>
> > Le Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:05:53 +0200,
> > joakim at verona.se a écrit :

> >> The nice thing IMHO with Evince is that it supports many formats:
> >> - djvu
> >> - pdf
> >> - cbz (xipped archive of images)
> >
> > Nice !
> >
> >> and some others.
> >
> > Does it support plucker(.pdb) files too ? I've got a lot of these.
>
> I'm not sure, but I dont think so.

Why can't we have GUIs redesigned for mobile screens? There are many
packages like epdfviewer etc. out there that just replicate the GUI used for
a PC.  The menu bar takes up too much space.  Menus need to scroll.  The
file open dialog is nearly impossible to use.

The qpe file manager is also a pain, so it becomes even more difficult to
have a roundabout solution.