voip on Debian

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 16:03:35 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> TL Mieszkowski wrote:
>> 1.) You need the alsa state for voip handset. Can be got here:
>>
>> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk//src/target/audio/om-gta02/
>>
>> This goes in /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/
>> load it with the command :
>>
>> alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/voip-handset.state restore
>
> About this, using this alsa control file, can you get the caller voice
> only in the earpiece?
> If I use it in a Om2008 I get the voice both in the earpiece and in the
> main speaker!

I just checked the file and it is clearly wrong as it says:

	control.3 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 127'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Volume'
		value.0 127
		value.1 127
	}
	control.4 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 127'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}

This will do as you say since control.3 is for the headset/speaker, and
control.4 for the handset earpiece. I don't know if this is the result
of someone committing an old file or what.