FDOM and WiFi

Vince M. Clark vclark at globalera.com
Fri Oct 3 16:54:01 CEST 2008

Here is the output. I can see the access point but it is not connected even though in Mofi the circle is orange next to the access point.

root at om-gta02:~# iwconfig eth0
eth0 AR6000 802.11g ESSID:""
Mode:Managed Bit Rate:1 Mb/s Tx-Power=0 dBm Sensitivity=0/3
Retry:on
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality:0/94 Signal level:-95 dBm Noise level:-96 dBm

root at om-gta02:~# iwlist eth0 scan
eth0 Scan completed :
Cell 01 - Address: 00:0F:66:D2:BB:41
ESSID:"linksys"
Mode:Master
Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
Quality=15/94 Signal level=-80 dBm Noise level=-95 dBm
Encryption key:off
Extra:bcn_int=100