The Lost Openmoko Community

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:31:37 CEST 2008

When some body feels lost is because he doen't planned the trip enough,
before come in strange territory you must have maps and read about uses
and customs of the aboriginal and if the case earn enough of their
language to , when if all plans fail, ask where you are and how to go
any where.

I'm a foreigner too, but when I feel lost  I don't sit down and cry, I
search for a more actualiced guide or ask , aboriginals here are very
friendly, and even a lot of experienced foreigner are happy to help you
too.

As you post in you blog you just arrive , you take a quick look to a
totally strange territory an you complain you feel lost and not
confortable in any place here, if like you there are other, instead of
keep this flamming post growing and growing ,get you hands dirty and
began to work, you haven't to be a high kernel hacker to help, you can
translate and/or review wiki, you can focus on a app and report even
stetical issues (as some one in the post has already suggest..),

About FDOM you have a bad perspective, FDOM is posible because a lot of
people had been working to make OM2008.08, Illume, and a every app
inside FDOM, is posible because people has make public their tweakings
in the wiki or in this list, and even talk to me or in the devel list to
make suggestions and/or directly work. FDOM has began as a shared simply
backup of my own phone, and now is near to be the first  distro that
will have their rootfs (bad) managed in a svn repository, yeah we put
the binaries and  yes we know svn was thinked  to manage source code,
but source code is not the business of FDOM right now, we are only
focused on pimping whatever OM has decide to be their base distro, if
they finally change to an FSO based distro I will be happy to pimping it
too, even If I have to redo all work from zeto. I have done it a lot of
times to test and to try to improve things. FDOM has not born for a
need, FDOM has been born thanks to all the work done before, including
the phone where it runs.
This is a public  request to all those you like FDOM, If you like FDOM
then you like OM2008.X, FDOM=OM+things already done by others ,
please stop comparation and using FDOM as weapon against itself.

I will already ask to please, stop this post right now in the tone it
has began.

And maybe I wrong and now i will post a personal opinion, You have your
own blog to post you opinions, you have appeared in planet, as you
already said people has post their opinions in your blog post,you have
said nothing new in this post than have not already said in you blog,
there was a need to do it?

Thanks to all to make me, and colaboratos, able to make FDOM