qtextended

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 5 12:00:01 CEST 2008

Must have done 20-30 flashes over the past few weeks, various versions
of 2007/2008/ASU/FSO/FDOM :)  Most of them work - sort of.  In
particular, most dont want to register the GSM without extra work.

I used qtopia/uImage-gta02-g291a9d50_mwester-stable.bin (has the correct
md5sum) which I think is supposed to match QTExtended 4.4.1 - but it has
the symptoms Ive previously described.  I actually suspect it might have
hung on the pin dialog like some other distros do as in shutting down
via the menu a phone pad sometimes popsup with "waiting" or some such.
Waited 15 minutes before removing the battery ...

BillK

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 11:41 +0200, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> No,
>
> you need to flash the kernel using "dfu-util -a kernel -R -D <path to
> mwester uimage kernel"
> And then the rootfs using "dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D
> qtextended-4.4.1-gta02-rootfs-release-10022309.jffs2"
>
> (the difference is in the dfu-util "-a" parameter: kernel vs. rootfs)
>
> Franky
>
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:34:23 +0800
> William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> > I used the mwester kernel linked from that page - but what about
> > modules
> > - you have to boot the device to install them, and it comes up with
> > nothing working?
> >
> > I am just flashing 2008.9 from the 16th to see if that helps.
> >
> > BillK
> >

> > On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 10:56 +0200, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

> > > you need to flash the uimage kernel as well:
> > > http://qtextended.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=6
> > >
> > > Franky

Home in Perth!