is fr usb host mode prone to damage from regular usb charging

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at
Mon Oct 6 12:00:34 CEST 2008

2008/10/4 Michael Shiloh <michael at>:
> Petr Vanek wrote:
>> I haven't found a clear answer on this one:
>> i got A-A Female to Female usb connector to couple two cables.
>> The wiki pages [1], [2] provide sufficient info on usage, except of one
>> thing: if i switch into USB Host mode providing power (*) can i damage
>> anything if i forget it like that and replug my fr into my computer?
> Hi Petr,
> This type of question is more appropriate to the kernel list.
> I'll go ahead and post it for you there.

i would be interested in this too

similarly, if i turn on host mode while it's plugged in, what can happen?

it'd be great to have an icon on the home page that does this in one
click, but not if i can damage something, it's too easy to hit by

i can't see anything in the kernel archives, but i'm not sure i'm
looking in the right place