New Rasterman Image...

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Oct 6 17:42:41 CEST 2008

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:46:56 +0200, gromez <gromez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:32 PM, gromez <gromez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Richy <klemmster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I somehow managed to get it to work to some extend.
>>> The phone isn' ringin, just vibrating, but I can talk and hear during a
>>> call..
>>>
>>> make sure you have gstreamer installed,
>>> also I added a lot of packages, with alsa, gst, openmoko-state, etc.
>>> Didn't work until reboot. (And due to the Neos booting-time I don't
> want to
>>> reboot after each package just to check...)
>>
>> By default, it seems there's no /dev/dsp so sound can't work. Trying
>> to find the missing package ...
>>

> Well, it's not a package but snd_pcm_oss module must be loaded.
>
> root at om-gta02:~# modprobe snd_pcm_oss

Fantastic - I'll be trying this out ASAP - so long as I can get phone calls
ringing and working, I think I want to stick for now with the Raster image
plus FSO.

echo "snd_pcm_oss" >/etc/modutils.c/snd_pcm_oss
update-modules

will resolve that more permanently than modprobe'ing, auto-inserting that
module (and dependancies) on boot.