one day usage of qtextended
Craig B. Allen
cba at knodal.com
Mon Oct 6 20:13:58 CEST 2008
Comments and additions:
> - mp3's play choppy, even ogg's experience this (especially when
> touching the screen while the player is on)
128k mp3s from podcasts play fine, haven't tried music or ogg.
- I have been unable to get wifi at home working (WPA2) despite
- feed address is wrong; changing it to 4.3.2 connects but finds no
packages (browsing there shows several).
- no way to install packages downloaded with wget
- finger scrolling too sensitive - often launches programs
- frequent "messages" from "129" (apparently transmissions from
T-Mobile that indicate that I have voicemail waiting show up in the
new message queue, they should be handled quietly in the background
and set a new voicemail indicator in the UI.
- I have not seen any documentation on phone features, other than the
help system (bravo that it exists!), like the little grey globe in the
header on the homescreen.
- help system sometimes describes features that don't appear to exist.
- record audio doesn't.
- browser doesn't see USB network
- rotated screen squashes graphic elements (e.g. icons)
- "smart' theme has no way to get to dialer
I have to say that Qtextended is fast and works better as a phone than
other distributions I have tried. There are obviously many kinks and
applications to be enhanced, but we could do worse than a marriage of
the qt apps and FSO.
Kudos to the trolls!
More information about the community