The Lost Openmoko Community

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Mon Oct 6 20:44:03 CEST 2008

Angus Ainslie wrote:
> Wifi is "working" as well as any basic distro install. You need to edit
> /etc/network/interfaces and or wpa_supplicant.conf but it is working.

Well, saying '"working"' is too much imho. I can connect only to an AP
at each reboot and after that the wifi chip continues sucking my battery
also if it isn't associated neither it can associate (and also scan)
with anything else.
I really hope that the Andy's patch to make the wifi driver modular
could workaround these problems...

Going back to the general thread, I was saying that OM was lacking of
comuncation also 4 months ago, but I know that developers should develop
first of all (and I'm with them, I'd prefer that too), so to me it seems
that there's a lack of people in Openmoko (they're too few for what
should be done).

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/