one day usage of qtextended

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Oct 6 21:14:31 CEST 2008

Craig B. Allen wrote:
> Comments and additions:
>> - mp3's play choppy, even ogg's experience this (especially when
>> touching the screen while the player is on)
> 128k mp3s from podcasts play fine, haven't tried music or ogg.
>
> - I have been unable to get wifi at home working (WPA2) despite
> several attempts.
>
> - feed address is wrong; changing it to 4.3.2 connects but finds no
> packages (browsing there shows several).
>
> - no way to install packages downloaded with wget

Only way to install packages into qt extended is through the package
manager, which only allows packages via web server. I know, it's
retarded, but thats the way it is. It might change in the future.

> - finger scrolling too sensitive - often launches programs
>
> - frequent "messages" from "129" (apparently transmissions from
> T-Mobile that indicate that I have voicemail waiting show up in the
> new message queue, they should be handled quietly in the background
> and set a new voicemail indicator in the UI.
>
> - I have not seen any documentation on phone features, other than the
> help system (bravo that it exists!), like the little grey globe in the
> header on the homescreen.

This is a gtalk presence indicator.

> - help system sometimes describes features that don't appear to exist.

Can you name specifics here?

> - record audio doesn't.
>
> - browser doesn't see USB network
>
> - rotated screen squashes graphic elements (e.g. icons)

Only on the homescreen

> - "smart' theme has no way to get to dialer
>
> I have to say that Qtextended is fast and works better as a phone than
> other distributions I have tried.  There are obviously many kinks and
> applications to be enhanced, but we could do worse than a marriage of
> the qt apps and FSO.
>
> Kudos to the trolls!

Thanks!

> -- Craig

Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd