Volume

Matthias Camenzind m.camenzind at live.com
Mon Oct 6 21:53:25 CEST 2008

> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:17:32 +0200
> From: martinsenkerik at gmail.com
> To: community at lists.openmoko.org
> Subject: Re: Volume
>
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Matthias Camenzind
>  wrote:
>>
>> I found out a way to get better volume settings.
>> cp /usr/share/openmoko/gsmhandset.state /home/root/
>> modify entry 'Mic2 Capture Volume' value to 3 and 'Speaker Playback Volume' value to 95 (in state file in /home/root/
>> create a script like this:
>> #!/bin/bash
>> cp /home/root/*.state /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/
>>
>> this should work, same way you can edit other state files.
>> to autorun the script i added it in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
>>

> Better settings in which way??

The default settings aren't very good. The other end of a call hears near to only an echo but not you. You can solve it if you turn up Mic2 and Speaker a bit down. The autorun script abve is not needed,
Read some post with subject "Echo issue solved ...", they told the settings will only stay for one call. I didn't test so far my self.