Android

sampablokuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Mon Oct 6 23:34:51 CEST 2008

Mikko Rauhala wrote:

> You need to modify the VM to target arm4 and use X11 for display (and
> handle environment integration in a sufficient manner for the desired
> apps). Probably one of the bigger pieces of porting work with the whole
> system, since it's decidedly not just a recompile away. Probably not an
> insane amount of work though either, but this is from a guy not doing
> it.

Hmm. It does sound like a fair bit of work. Essentially, I like the idea of
developing my own mobile apps. I'd want them to be available to both
Android, OpenMoko and Qtopia phones. This pretty much necessitates targeting
Android, since it is the most restrictive platform, and porting to the
others. If I'm developing my own Android apps, would there be much I could
do to improve the portability of them to OpenMoko/Qtopia/etc, in order to
reduce the number of steps required to port them?

Thanks, and sorry that I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to open mobile
platforms :)

spk