[qtextended] Bluetooth kernel bug

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Wed Oct 8 17:07:34 CEST 2008

Hooray for logread.

When I had first flashed qtextended, I could pair the FR with my
bluetooth handsfree-set (Parrot Minikit).

Each time since though, since I switch on the Parrot, the FR hangs, and
I could not see why. Now I ran this show while keeping an eye on the log.

For good measure: I flashed the FR with the following bits and pieces:

When I switch on the Parrot, this is logged:

Oct  8 12:54:23 om-gta02 daemon.info hcid[1351]: link_key_request
(sba=00:06:6E:17:42:22, dba=00:12:1C:06:85:3C)

After not much time, as you can see, this is logged:

Oct  8 12:54:29 om-gta02 user.crit kernel: kernel BUG at

That's when the screen on the FR freezes (ssh login still works, obviously).
The only way to relieve this stress is to take out the battery.

Interesting bit: When running "bluetooth ftp" and the FR scans for
devices, it picks up everything in the area just fine. After the scan it
dies also, with the difference that I can then kill (or at least jump
out of) the program with the AUX button. I did this at work today, to
see what happens.

Perhaps this is of help to someone. If there is a way in which I can
provide more info, please let me know. I'd love to use the Parrot with
my FR. (The Parrot is the only bluetooth device I have around at the

No time. Saddest words ever spoken or written.

Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04