[Raster+FSO] Silent Zhone

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Thu Oct 9 00:48:13 CEST 2008

Well I still get no sound with Zhone, calls are silent both ends, and it
never rings.  I can play back audio with aplay and mplayer (wave, ogg,
mp3), and Raster's alarm clock works.  If I manually invoke 'alsactl -f
/usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state restore' while in a silent
call, I get two-way sound.  But still no ringing, and of course manually
calling alsactl whenever I'm lucky enough to notice that it's ringing so I
can have a conversation is right out... ;)

Can anybody suggest a solution?  I've been running this config for a few
days now, and I'm kinda tired of not being able to use it as a phone.  I've
tried running zhone by hand and watching its output: I see nothing but
setup messages, IDLE/BUSY notes, and CALL STATUS. So what can I do to watch
when it's attempting to use audio, and possibly see what's breaking?  And
where is the ringer defined/controlled with Zhone?