LED notification

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:43:29 CEST 2008

2008/10/9 Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net>:
> Please forgive me if this was discussed already. But how do other linux
> powered devices (e.g. Nokia N8x0) manage their suspend?

they have a separate, very-low-powered processor, that handles only
power usage of the phone, which runs continuously. they are generally
very low clock-rate, and couldn't do much in the way of
general-purpose processing, but are more than capable of this sort of
thing

the neo doesn't have one

> They seem to not go into such a deep suspend like the om's do. They just turn
> off the display (touchscreen is able to wake it up) but are still able to reach
> a battery life of 10 days. They do have blinking leds on incoming IM or e-mail
> messages even during "suspend".

the main cpu is suspended, like in the neo, but the power management unit is not