[2008.9] Wifi very unreliable

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Thu Oct 9 10:25:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 16:19 -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Just did that. I reorganized the WLAN page and incoporated a number of
> community suggestions, including Tom's.
>
> In particular, this should work for most people:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Wifi#Using_iwconfig_manually
>
> Feedback and other working examples appreciated.

Is feedback by mail ok ?

I always use the manual iwconfig+udhcpc method. It works most of the
time right after reboot, but often looses the network after a few
minutes (sometimes it works for hals an hour). After that, redoing the
iwconfig sometimes works, sometimes not and another reboot is in order.

HTH,
	Xav