FR adapter - shocking experience!

Thorben Krueger thkruege at
Thu Oct 9 20:24:32 CEST 2008

It might be a case of the transformator working in reverse: A small
voltage applied to the usb output leads to a high voltage at the
prongs. This could also be caused by a capacitator on the low voltage
end, but I am not sure.

Just guessing here.

However, if you were to touch the prongs the moment they were out of
the socket, the coil could still hold some potential to shock you.

Also just guessing.