FR adapter - shocking experience!
thkruege at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:24:32 CEST 2008
It might be a case of the transformator working in reverse: A small
voltage applied to the usb output leads to a high voltage at the
prongs. This could also be caused by a capacitator on the low voltage
end, but I am not sure.
Just guessing here.
However, if you were to touch the prongs the moment they were out of
the socket, the coil could still hold some potential to shock you.
Also just guessing.
2008/10/9 Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at gmail.com>:
> this morning, I pulled the FR adapter out of the (230 VAC) socket, and
> accidentally touched one of the prongs. I experienced a short shock.
> Is there a capacitor in there that can do that? It was fully out of
> the socket when I touched it!
> Christ van Willegen
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
More information about the community