[Raster] safe repo?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Fri Oct 10 07:04:31 CEST 2008

What package feeds are safe to use with the Raster image? (what about
Raster plus frameworkd & zhone?)

I bricked my FR a few times making the mistake of doing "opkg upgrade"
against the FSO-unstable feed I set up to get frameworkd and zhone.  As
long as I manually opkg what I want from that feed I'm fine, but an 'opkg
upgrade" tries to replace most of E - Enlightenment segv's a couple times,
and on shutdown/reboot it hangs (often with an unclickable segv alter
onscreen) and I can remain SSH'd to it, where I see exquisite-write sucking
up 95%+ CPU.  If I manage to shut down at that point, booting freezes when
the kernel is up and the first boot progress screen comes up - I see the
'E' logo and an vertical white line marking the leftmost edge of the
progress bar.  Brick.  (unfortunately I was doing all this with a
reconstruction script right after flashing, so it took me a couple
reflashes to realize I was causing the problem ;)