LED notification

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:28:59 CEST 2008

2008/10/9 Jason Cawood <jason at jasoncawood.com>:
> What I think I didn't communicate very well is:
>
> 1. phone is in suspend mode.
> 2. GSM wakes phone for sms notification
> 3. screen blanks after timeout
> 4. LED blinks while phone is not in suspend.
>
> Would that be a possible solution?

I think I understand what you mean, but the question is: would that be
very useful?

- If the user sees their phone when it wakes up, they won't need to
see a blinking LED too.

- If the user does not see their phone when it wakes up, it is
unlikely (I would guess) that they will return to it in the interval
before it suspends again.

I don't know what the current default is for the interval before the
phone suspends again, but I imagine one would want it to be quite
short, so as not to allow incoming calls and texts to consume a lot of
battery.

Regards,
    Neil