[Om2008.9] How to export Vcf Contacts from FR?

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Fri Oct 10 16:39:32 CEST 2008

Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> Does anyone know how to not only make a backup, but to export back to
> VCF format from Qtopia/Om2008.8? I now added a section for it at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Vcf_Contacts - the 2007.2 section
> has a script that handles it.
>
> I wouldn't want to actively change the addressbook if I cannot export
> from it to some standard format if I eg. change to FSO (or even back
> to 2007.2 / SHR!).

You mean creating VCF's from the sqlite-data in a backup?
Would be interesting to play with. I could envision a slq-script that
dumps the data into a file and then a bash or python script that puts
things in the proper format. That's not too difficult, if sqlite plays nice.

Paul

--
People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.
-Abigail Van Buren

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04