What should a community manager do?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Oct 11 15:19:45 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Duv <duvelle.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
> My only concern here is that there seems to be a separation between the
> developer and the user... that in the community both seem to have there
> little corner. Maybe I am reading that wrong, but if I am not... I am not
> too sure that it's something that I would agree with, if only because the
> current make-up of OpenMoko, Developer and user are one in the same.

I agree: There's no reason to make a separation between developers and
users. They do have a bit different needs but no matter what, they're
all needed. A community manager should take care of all members of the
community, from beginners to kernel developers. Help the beginners to
get involved and allow and enable developers to work as efficiently as
possible.