What should a community manager do?

Peter Neubauer peter at neubauer.se
Sat Oct 11 18:49:33 CEST 2008

Hi there,
I fully agree with Rod! I would even go so far as to consider having a
automatic registration system to get access to GIT, SVN, Wiki and all
mailing lists in order to capture even the smallest contribution,
regardless of if it is developer coding or correction of spelling
errors in the Wiki. Everything that can lower the barrier to
participation should be implemented. Since every system is version
handled misuse is not a big problem, at least in my experience. We do
that over at http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Principles+of+Open+Participation+Software
It works very well!

/peter

GTalk:        neubauer.peter