[Om2008.9] How to export Vcf Contacts from FR?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Oct 12 13:25:51 CEST 2008

El día Friday, October 10, 2008 a las 04:40:05AM -0700, Steven Goyvaerts escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I found this on the wiki.

Hi,

I withdraw my question how one could unload the contacts in the FR to
vCard format :-)

Converting my old CSV based cellphone contacts to vCard with the KDE Kaddressbook
tool let me think that the correct place for the 'master database' of my
contacts is not the FR itself, but the Kaddressbook tool itself; the internal format
of Kaddressbook is already vCard 3.0 and it's just easy to copy it over
to the FR and load it there as:

$ scp ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf root at moko:.
$ ssh root at moko

# DISPLAY=:0.0 export DISPLAY
# addressbook ./std.vcf

that's all; before loading the contacts in the FR I'm just dropping the
old database with sqlite3 as described in the Wiki with a small script;

the problem with vCard 3.0 are the mangled non-ASCII chars of the
UTF-8 input file; and as well the NICKNAME is not filled in from the
file into the contact; the file reads for example:

BEGIN:VCARD
CLASS:PUBLIC
FN:Lina Maria Lozano Manchola
N:Lozano Manchola;Lina Maria;;;
NICKNAME:Linchen
REV:2008-10-12T12:41:20Z
TEL;TYPE=CELL:+49.......
TEL;TYPE=HOME:+57.......
UID:Lij1Mm4v3L
VERSION:3.0
END:VCARD

but 'Linchen' does not get inserted into the FR contact field 'Nickname';

any idea? thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz