FBReader now working on the FreeRunner

Scott Petersen scott at slal.net
Mon Oct 13 00:34:18 CEST 2008

Michael Sheldon wrote:
> Hi Yarik,
>
> Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > Hey Michael!
> >
> > You are my today's hero! ;-)
>
>   Thanks!
>
> > Would it be not too much to ask from you to do the same for the latest
> > release of fbreader (0.8.17[1]) instead of elderly 0.8.2 which we have now?
> >
> > [1] http://www.fbreader.org/fbreader-sources-0.8.17.tgz
>
>   I'll see if I can make a working bitbake recipe for 0.8.17 when I next
> get some free time; I haven't fiddled with bitbake much, so thought it'd
> be simplest to just work with the version that was already packaged.
>
>   Cheers,
>    Mike.

You ROCK! Your updates to FBReader look fantastic and work flawlessly. I
was wanting to have a good reader for the Openmoko for some time. I
tried out FBreader but found that the line spacing is fubar.  I started
learning about crosscompiling, mokomakefile, toolchain, bitbake,
openembedded, openmoko, angstrom etc., trying to make sense of how to
develop for Openmoko but hadn't been successful yet.  You will find that
the line spacing issue has been resolved in more recent builds. (Can't
remember off hand which one.) In the meantime I am going to enjoy your
version.

Thanks much.
Scott Petersen