Editing text files

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 13 07:39:32 CEST 2008

> opkg install illume-config illume-config-illume

> Should net you the 'qwerty' icon on the left in the Top Shelf.  When
> selected it will open Raster's Illume keyboard. (which should be the
> default keyboard at this point, though you may need to restart - at least
> xserver-nodm - and it WILL occasionally revert to the Qtopia keyboard,
> particularly when changes or updates to something Qtopia are made.  if it
> shows the predictive keyboard (Raster's version) then tab the icon at the
> top-right of the keyboard and select 'Terminal' from the list.

Thanks.  I think my confusion was that illume-config-illume was
pre-installed and the descriptions of Raster's keyboard seemed
sufficiently close to the one I saw that I didn't realize that I had
another one and that illume-config mattered.  So IIUC, the default
keyboard in Om2008.9 is Qtopia's, and installing illume-config switches
it over to Raster's.

BTW, the two kinds of keyboards could benefit from each other: Raster's
"zoom on hold" looks amateurish compared to the neat one in Qtopia's.

        Stefan