Introducing http://www.opkg.org

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:56:30 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> > I don't even know if the browsers support downloading..
>
> Links supports... and wget ;D
>
> Hey, isn't this supposed to be a portal where people can see all available
software, categorized, with user feedback and all?  If there is so much
trouble about possible viruses and inability to download etc., the packages
can be easily installed through opkg from the OM repositories anyway.

In case of packages that are still part of developing projects, hardly
anybody is going to try them directly on the phone, especially given the
current state of connectivity.  People are most probably going to use their
regular computers and install packages via SSH, so let us not make the
website too complicated.

Still, I do support Risto: the browser in Qtextended does not support
downloads, and it does not let you view the url to a link, so you can't even
wget stuff without divinely inspired guesswork.