[Om2008.9] Using Freerunner as a digital audio player

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 10:45:01 CEST 2008

Hi folks,
yesterday I tried to use qtopia-phone-x11-mediaplayer and some ogg/mp3
files to transform the FR into a digital audio player.

I have encountered 3 software problems :

1. audio quality is bad (whereas it is good with Debian+Sonata/Mpd, so
definitively not a hardware problem here) : is there a way to tune some
parameters ?

2. external speakers still work after headphones being plugged : is
there an alsa subtlety here ? (it switches automatically with Debian)

3. software relies upon tags, which I do not use at all. I have a
precise filesystem scheme and no need of tag-based players trying to
sort my music. Is there a way of telling the thing to stop trying to be
smart ? I need a dumb soft here ;)

qtopia-phone-x11-mediaplayer seems totally usable with fingers, and
that's the big motivation for me to use it.

Thanks in advance,
Xavier.