FR adapter - shocking experience!
xeros at irc.pl
Mon Oct 13 14:00:38 CEST 2008
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Peter Fey wrote:
> 2008/10/9 Carsten Gerlach <daswaldhorn at gmx.de>
> Am Donnerstag 09. Oktober 2008 9:36:26 am schrieb Christ van Willegen:
> > this morning, I pulled the FR adapter out of the (230 VAC) socket, and
> > accidentally touched one of the prongs. I experienced a short shock.
> I can confirm that. I had the same "feeling" this morning, too.
> I got a shock when I unplugged the FR adapter because the Europlug-USplug-adapter didn't stay in place. The latch holding it in place was loose
> and my fingers touched the USplug while the Euro-End was still in the wall outlet. This is my explanation for getting a shock, even though I did
> not (want to) reproduce this. (also note the above posters names seem European)
> Some tape fixes this hardware bug.
I've had the same electric shock (230VAC) some months ago with Motorola
E1000 and it's original charger-adapter and when I bought FR
I've been more carefull with pluging and unpluging it's charger-adapter
but still I think it should have been made a little more safety.
More information about the community