[FSO] GPRS

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Mon Oct 13 17:53:33 CEST 2008

lör 2008-10-11 klockan 19:06 -0400 skrev Joel Newkirk:
> I successfully followed the process outlined at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPRS_FSO and got GPRS working through
> T-Mobile.  (internet3.voicestream.com)  (this is on Raster+FSO)
>
> But there's a few things...[snip]
>
> I understood from previous discussions on the mailinglist that this is the
> nature of the beast, that we won't get GPRS working DURING a GSM call - at
> least not with this GSM hardware.  Is that correct or not?  (I'd dearly
> love to be able to push a few packets when an incoming call starts ringing
> through - callerid name lookups)  The muxer lets us keep both connections
> configured, but GSM voice trumps GPRS data in an XOR.

Sounds like this won't be resolved ever for phones with this GSM chipset
(Calypso in my case)? That really sucks and really breaks one of my
intended use cases (not that anyone *should* care, really).

Using the OpenMoko thing as a conference phone _and_ internet gateway at
the same time hence is not possible? (Unless you do VOIP for phone
conferencing.)

/
	Fredrik