Default OM settings, no lan messed up

Rodney Myers rdmyers at
Mon Oct 13 19:10:28 CEST 2008

OS = OS X 10.5.5

I received my OM this past week. Took some time to locate an ATT sim
card that would work.

Yesterday, I was able to follow the instructions at;

,and using the link;

grabbing the rootfs of Om2008.9-gta02-20080916.rootfs.jffs2

to flash the phone. Once flashed, I noticed there was no console icon

I was able to SSH into the OM. Once I did that, I edited & changed
the /etc/network/interfaces file to reflect "my" lan.

Before I logged out, I catted the file to make sure that I had
correctly set that file. It all looked correct

I then logged out of the phone & restarted the phone, thinking I now
would be able to ssh, without jumping through hoops.

No such luck.

Now, the IP address is neither the default nor anything on the
192.168.1.*** network..

Any help in getting the phone functioning again, would be greatly

Many thanks