console command history

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Oct 14 04:42:33 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 13:21:21 Joel Newkirk wrote:
> > vi /etc/passwd?
> >
> > Sarton
>
> (Ok, I'll go sit in the corner for five minutes wearing the stupid hat...
> I already knew that from desktop/server context but for some reason my
> brain just didn't make the connection...)
>
> Thanks.

Hehe, don't stress :)

I grew up on BSD (94/95) which has always been pretty baron so for a good long
while before most of the automation existed, I did everything by hand and then
continued doing it even when I didn't have to :S

chsh was the first thing I checked for though :)

Everything is so abstract now it's easy to forget the bottom layer.

Sarton