console command history

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 09:30:09 CEST 2008

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 22:21 -0400, Joel Newkirk wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:29:59 +1100, "Sarton O'Brien"
>> <roguemoko at roguewrt.org> wrote:
>>> normal
>>> lines
>>> executed

>>> Terminal
>>> vi /etc/passwd?
>>>
>>> Sarton
>> (Ok, I'll go sit in the corner for five minutes wearing the stupid hat...
>> I already knew that from desktop/server context but for some reason my
>> brain just didn't make the connection...)
>>
>> Thanks.

> be aware that doing this used to break X and other things during boot-up
> - not sure why but "funny things happened ..."
>
> Only work around I found was to log in as usual, and type "bash" at the
> command prompt.
>
> Be interesting to see if this is still the case ...

The busybox-bash doesn't support all features the real bash does why i
installed the bash from the repository. I only did this with 2007.2 and
it works flawless. I didn't try it with 2008.9 because i only use debian
on my neo at the monent.
To use bash i only had to edit passwd and nothing else.

Ciao,
     Rainer