FR adapter - shocking experience!

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 11:50:15 CEST 2008

Just guessing, FR power supplies blocks are really high-tech ones if they
contain a usb-powered 230V power inverter in the same package :-D

to get 5VDC from 230VAC you need at least a transformer and a diode bridge +
low voltage capacitors, or a step-down hasher like desktops/laptops power
supplies.

but, to get 230VAC from 5VDC, you will first need 5VAC with an oscillator,
then a step-up transformer :)
This is not something you'll find on a standard power supply plug :)
Also, the shock would not be the same if you had been shocked with a
normally operating 230v supply (I mean the amount of energy absorbed by your
body) :)

this is more likely to be a capacitor effect. There are some on the 230VAC
side of all power supplies, to filter EMI.

and a coil cannot store potential, it's a capacitor job :)
a coil regulates spikes et reacts to transient voltages only. for DC
current, a coil is a simple wire.

sl