ReMoko hid profile emulation

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:44:15 CEST 2008

HI!
ReMoko works quote nice on my freerunner with fso (some times i have to
restart it many times before it runs well), but I have problems on the PC
side.
If I use hidd --connect <bt neo address> it runs fine, but if I use dbus
CreateConnection method it fails.
As hidd is deprecated and provided only for compatibility I'd like to know
if the problems is in bluez or in ReMoko hid profile emulation.

If someone has a bt keyboard may try if this simple python script works
(from wiki.bluez.org)?

import dbus
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
# service activation
bmgr = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez'),
'org.bluez.Manager')
bus_id = bmgr.ActivateService('input')
imgr = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(bus_id, '/org/bluez/input'),
'org.bluez.input.Manager')

# device creation
path = imgr.CreateDevice('xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx')
idev = dbus.Interface (bus.get_object(bus_id, path),
'org.bluez.input.Device')

# host initiated connection
idev.Connect()

replace xx... with your keyboard bt address, and with neo bt address after
having remoko launched.

Thanks

      Nicola