ReMoko hid profile emulation

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at
Tue Oct 14 18:32:40 CEST 2008

"2008/10/14 Valerio Valerio <vdv100 at>

> [...]
> This script doesn't work in my systems, all my systems have the input
> service activated by default, so fails on the service activation, and if I
> disable the input plugin the script fails again in this line:  bus_id =
> bmgr.ActivateService('input')
> The script runs in your system without problems ?
> which BlueZ version do you have ?

I'm using 3.36 on gentoo, yes, it passes the activate service phase and
fails on CreateDevice, my output is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 12, in <module>
    path = imgr.CreateDevice(''my bt adderss")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/", line 68, in
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/", line 140, in
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/", line 607, in
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.NotSupported: Not supported

on /var/log/messages I got:

hcid[3078]: Invalid PnP service record length

With hidd it works (the only issues is that hidd --search does not return

I'm not sure, but can suppose that the profile emulation is not perfect, may
you try avoiding the service activation lines?

I'm going to do other test downgrading bluez.