ReMoko hid profile emulation

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:01:11 CEST 2008

2008/10/14 Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com>

> "2008/10/14 Valerio Valerio <vdv100 at gmail.com>
>
>> [...]
>> This script doesn't work in my systems, all my systems have the input
>> service activated by default, so fails on the service activation, and if I
>> disable the input plugin the script fails again in this line:  bus_id =
>> bmgr.ActivateService('input')
>>
>> The script runs in your system without problems ?
>> which BlueZ version do you have ?
>>

> I'm using 3.36 on gentoo, yes, it passes the activate service phase and
> fails on CreateDevice, my output is:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test2.py", line 12, in <module>
>     path = imgr.CreateDevice(''my bt adderss")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
> __call__
>     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
> __call__
>     **keywords)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in
> call_blocking
>     message, timeout)
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.NotSupported: Not supported
>
> on /var/log/messages I got:
>
> hcid[3078]: Invalid PnP service record length
>
> With hidd it works (the only issues is that hidd --search does not return
> nothing!)

I already notice that, but for example other's OS's see ReMoko as a
Bluetooth keyboard (Windows, KDE bluetooth, S60 devices, OSX ...), and I
also tested a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and a keyboard that doesn't appears
with hidd --search (I never seen any result from hidd --search)

> I'm not sure, but can suppose that the profile emulation is not perfect,
> may you try avoiding the service activation lines?

Nop don't work in Ubuntu 7.10 or Ubuntu 8.04, they have a older BlueZ
version that doesn't have the "createDevice" d-bus call.
Can you provide me a hcidump  ? (start hcidump before the python script).

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org