New rotate version

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 21:18:24 CEST 2008

This seems pretty stable than the previous one. The brightness effect is
nice, but the event, apparently, is hitting even if the phone is moved a
little (i was trying to type a message).
The brightness thing started to feel too much pain, so I killed the rotate
instance (from a separated ssh session). Unfortunately, the program had
thought that I am rotating and hence had brightness set to 0 when I killed
it. So, I was left with a switched off screen :).

So, 2 cents from my side
(1) The brightness effect (and rotation) should be applied only we are
switching orientation (I am not too sure if accels would give that data
directly....but keeping a state can be a workaround...it would give some
false positives and negative, but would have a better output)
(2) We might like to put a close program handler which would try to reset
the brightness to the last read brightness value (if the rotation was in
progress while the program was closed)

--Vikas