udev usb0?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Wed Oct 15 00:04:22 CEST 2008

Can udev still sense insertion/removal of USB under usb-gadget?

Specifically, I've been trying to bring up usb0 on insertion and take it
down on removal.

Long-term I hope for a better solution (as well as a better one short-term
under FSO using dbus signals) but I started wondering if udev can even
sense the USB cable and host when the FreeRunner is set up for USB
networking gadget.  Works fine in USB host mode, keyboards and thumbdrives
and network devices are handled as expected.