Echo issue on OM2008.08 solved

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Oct 15 09:49:38 CEST 2008

El día Wednesday, October 15, 2008 a las 08:18:40AM +0200, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" escribió:

> Here you are [1]. It includes also the mwester fix for re-registering
> network and my workaround for GSM firmware crash. I hope it won't have
> any incompatibility with your installed Qtopia...
>
> [1]
> http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/libficgta01vendor-echo-cancellation.so.tar.gz

Thanks for this. I've installed it this way:

# cd /opt/Qtopia/plugins/phonevendors/
# mv libficgta01vendor.so libficgta01vendor.so.orig
# mv ~/libficgta01vendor.so .

# /etc/init.d/xserver-nodm restart

interestingly the restart did not asked again for the PIN of the SIM (a
full re-boot does);

during outgoing call one now hears some noise like you have sometimes
when radio wafes of a GSM is affecting a normal phone call;

when I change in gsmhandset.state the section 'control.4' to values

        control.4 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 2
                comment.range '0 - 127'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
                value.0 127
                value.1 127
        }

the outgoing RING tone nearly killed my ear; with 111 for value.[01] it is
fine, but with the above described noise; what is your gsmhandset.state file for
this? thx again

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz