Why kdrive ?

Abelenda diego.abelenda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:10:36 CEST 2008

Hi I just recieved an interesting mail in the Xorg MailingList this was
the contents :

>> Why not just go for the full X11?  Memory wise I found no difference
>> in the memory usage between X11 and kdrive on the OMAP.
>I am told that the full Xorg isn't very happy when built against

So here's my question, if the memory footprint of kdrive is the same as
the full xorg, why choose kdrive over the full xorg ?

There might be interesing features in the full server that aren't there
in kdrive. Plus I've read here that the X driver has got duplicate code
in the X driver from the framebuffer, so there's no really gain in term
of size of the driver either...

So here's my question if I am totally wrong or asked a totally stupid
question I am sorry, as I don't know all the implications.