OpenMooCow 0.1

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:23:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:21:19 +1000
nickd <blumph at gmail.com> wrote:

> This has now shot to my favourite app. I wonder if we could make the
> 'moo' earlier. I assume you're trying to replicate those little toys
> that make the same kind of noise when you do the same thing.

Yes - originally I planned to do a full emulation of the physics that
goes on inside a proper moobox, and to vary the pitch and volume
depending on the speed of the "flap" inside.  Then I realised that that
was a bit harder than I have time for at the moment so it's saved for a
later version.  If you look in the source code, you'll see data
structures and methods completely over-engineered for what it actually
does at the moment...

Tom

--

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy